Stage Three: The Face
Get as close to the chair as possible, making sure that the client’s head is resting comfortably against your body. You might like to use a small cushion for this.
1. Using middle finger pressure, begin with your fingers close together in the centre of the forehead just above the eyebrows. Continue finger pressure up to the hairline, moving about one inch at a time and just pushing gently (no circular movements). Move back
down to the eyebrows and continue the pressure out over the eyebrows, down just under the cheekbones to mid-face, back under cheekbones to the ears, then down
over the jaw line to the chin. Pressure should be slow, deliberate and firm. Once your fingers have met on the chin drop just underneath and continuing up the jaw line, finishing just below the ears.
2. Massage the front and back of the ears in firm but gentle movements, working up to the tops and gently stretching them upwards, then back down, stretching the lobes at the bottom downwards. Now massage behind the ears from the bottom to the top
and back again.
3. Starting in the prayer position slide your hands up over the chin and gently up the sides of the face, bringing them back together on the forehead and off at the hairline.
Repeat 3 times.
4. Place one hand on the client’s forehead and the other under their chin. Swap alternately with no pressure. Repeat 3 times.
5. Place your cupped hands alternately over the eyes, then flat over the ears.
Repeat 3 times.
6. Head brush 3 times, then put your hands on the shoulders and ask your client to take some deep breaths to finish.